Translate

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

2026 I Have to start Blogging, Again

 For the past 12 years, on various social media or special interest fora, I have found a spate of useful information and numerous opportunities to add my observations - usually with cross references  to indicate my sources.  But what was 'acceptable' in 2014  when the greatest sin was "trolling"  has morphed into new dimensions of unacceptability.  


I note that Google, or whatever,  has placed all my posts behind a caution to anyone reading that their  "community guidelines" (revised?)  may be  transgressed by something I've said or a subject I have broached.  I would imagine this was the judgement of an algorithm rather than the actual live moderator.  I  don't think I  have developed a great readership on Blogger and I have detected few negative reactions to what I've written. 


Hindsight, if not history being  almost 20/20 I'd love to know any observations of my actually getting something wrong or factually misleading or misinforming anyone. A logarithm check  check if you will.


But why after all this time?


 Facebook which is increasing, featuring highly politicized posts drifting onto my desktop -  limited by ability to respond to  such posts. Perhaps I should have stuck to emojis as a response or limited myself to things I agreed with. 


I have had two presences on Twitter/X with some considerable history.  Both having offended enough other users to have me warned repeatedly of community standards and then  being 'permanently suspended"- taking the form of look but you cannot use. 


Ditto with Bluebird an USA 'apple pie  version of Twitter devoted to , apparently pet lovers and patriots.  No es a mi gusto. 


The one great loss here was losing contact with Mannie Quinn "the polyvinyl dolly" from Glasgow,  a font of wit, wisdom and increasingly interesting AI representations of herself. Her views got her suspended  at about the same time I went.  She had been there far longer.  

A loss to humanity and a strong voice for 'anti - apartheid genocide' stilled. 

We'll see how this goes. 

No comments: